Monday, March 10, 2014

Weekend Recap | Trip to Houston

Sometimes a weekend away is necessary. This weekend we left the kids and drove to Houston to visit some of Craig's cousins. I should have prepared myself by going to bed early the few nights leading up to our trip but I didn't. Big mistake. We stayed up chatting (and having a few drinks) till 3:30 AM! So much fun! The only time I see 3:30 AM anymore is if I have to pee in the middle of the night.

We slept in the next morning and I even got to take a nap! A nap without feeling guilty about not doing dishes or laundry or whatever other chore I need to do. It was glorious! We also got to visit with some of Craig's aunts which is always a fun time! Since we are now old, we only made it till 10:30 Saturday night. I think it was a stretch to even make it till then for some of us.

I took one picture the entire weekend. It was during our pit stop at Buc-ee's on our drive back home. 


We'd never stopped before but it seems like everyone talks about it when driving to/from Houston. It's like the Taj Mahal of gas station/convenience stores. So overwhelming yet amazing at the same time. Our Buc-ee's haul consisted of beef jerky, beaver nuggets, sandwiches, drinks, and t-shirt for the kids.

This past weekend was definitely good for us. It was so nice to visit with family and also nice to have a little time "off duty" from parenting. Even though it was barely two days, I couldn't wait to get back and see Harper and Keegan! I think they missed us just as much as we missed them.

We're thinking of making this an annual trip (assuming they can put up with us again!)... next year, the rodeo!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good time. If you need another weekend away let me know.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...